Our Florida Tropics honey bee pasture blend has been designed to meet the needs of professional beekeepers and hobbyists throughout the tropical climate of southern Florida. This clover-heavy blend contains a large percentage of legumes as well as wildflower species preferred by the honey bee and other beneficial pollinators. It provides maximum nectar and pollen amounts throughout the growing season, and contains both perennial and self-seeding annual species for multi-year productivity. This blend can also be used as a green-manure cover crop.
This blend produces a pasture that will contain approximately:
- 40% Crimson Clover (Trifolium incarnatum)
- 30% Yellow Sweet Clover (Melilotus officinalis)
- 10% White Dutch Clover (Trifolium repens)
- 10% Alsike Clover (Trifolium hybridum)
- 5% Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus)
- 5% Cornflower (Centaurea cyanus)
In an effort to help our customers visualize the finished product, note that the percentages listed above are what you can expect the stand to contain once established. For the contents of this seed blend by weight, please contact us to request a digital copy of the seed tag.