Our Pacific Northwest honey bee pasture blend has been designed to meet the needs of professional beekeepers and hobbyists throughout the moist, temperate climate of western Washington, western Oregon and northwestern California. This clover-heavy blend contains a large percentage of legumes as well as wildflower species preferred by the honey bee and other beneficial pollinators. Our experts have designed this blend to provide maximum nectar and pollen amounts throughout the growing season. It contains both perennial and self-seeding annual species for multi-year productivity, and can also be used as a green-manure cover crop.
This blend produces a pasture that will contain approximately:
- 40% Alsike Clover (Trifolium hybridum)
- 20% White Dutch Clover (Trifolium repens)
- 20% Yellow Sweet Clover (Melilotus officinalis)
- 10% Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia)
- 5% Lacy Phacelia (Phacelia tanacetifolia)
- 5% Bluebells (Phacelia campanularia)
In an effort to help our customers visualize the finished product, note that the percentages listed above are what you can expect the stand to contain once established. For the contents of this seed blend by weight, please contact us to request a digital copy of the seed tag.