Designed for use along the coast from San Francisco to southern California, our Pacific Southwest honey bee pasture blend will provide maximum nectar and pollen amounts throughout the growing season. This clover-heavy blend contains a large percentage of legumes as well as wildflower species preferred by the honey bee and other beneficial pollinators. It contains both perennial and self-seeding annual species for multi-year productivity, and can also be used as a green-manure cover crop. Great for both professional beekeepers and hobbyists.
This blend produces a pasture that will contain approximately:
- 35% Crimson Clover (Trifolium incarnatum)
- 25% White Dutch Clover (Trifolium repens)
- 20% Yellow Sweet Clover (Melilotus officinalis)
- 10% Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia)
- 5% Lacy Phacelia (Phacelia tanacetifolia)
- 5% Bluebells (Phacelia campanularia)
In an effort to help our customers visualize the finished product, note that the percentages listed above are what you can expect the stand to contain once established. For the contents of this seed blend by weight, please contact us to request a digital copy of the seed tag.