Our Southwest Semi-Arid Steppe honey bee pasture blend has been designed to meet the needs of professional beekeepers and hobbyists throughout the hot, dry climate of southwestern Texas and southern New Mexico. It contains a large percentage of sweet clover, a drought-tolerant legume that can withstand extreme temperatures and poor soils. This blend also includes wildflower and clover species preferred by the honey bee. Provides maximum nectar and pollen amounts throughout the growing season, and contains both perennial and self-seeding annual species for multi-year productivity. This blend can also be used as a green-manure cover crop.
This blend produces a pasture that will contain approximately:
- 40% Yellow Sweet Clover (Melilotus officinalis)
- 20% Crimson Clover (Trifolium incarnatum)
- 20% White Dutch Clover (Trifolium repens)
- 10% Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia)
- 5% Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus)
- 5% Lanceleaf Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata)
In an effort to help our customers visualize the finished product, note that the percentages listed above are what you can expect the stand to contain once established. For the contents of this seed blend by weight, please contact us to request a digital copy of the seed tag.