Designed for the drier areas of southern and central Utah, central Nevada and parts of the Four Corners states, our Southwest Transitional honey bee pasture blend will provide maximum nectar and pollen amounts throughout the growing season. This blend contains a large percentage of sweet clover, a drought-tolerant legume that tolerates extreme temperatures and poor soils, as well as clover and wildflower species preferred by the honey bee. It also contains both perennial and self-seeding annual species for multi-year productivity, and can be used as a green-manure cover crop. Great for both professional beekeepers and hobbyists.
This blend produces a pasture that will contain approximately:
- 40% Yellow Sweet Clover (Melilotus officinalis)
- 20% Crimson Clover (Trifolium incarnatum)
- 20% White Dutch Clover (Trifolium repens)
- 10% Sainfoin (Onobrychis viciifolia)
- 5% Rocky Mountain Beeplant (Cleome serrulata)
- 5% Lacy Phacelia (Phacelia tanacetifolia)
In an effort to help our customers visualize the finished product, note that the percentages listed above are what you can expect the stand to contain once established. For the contents of this seed blend by weight, please contact us to request a digital copy of the seed tag.