Our Southern Subtropics Pollinator Blend has been designed to provide optimum pollinator habitat throughout areas such as eastern Texas, Louisiana, central and southern Mississippi, central and southern Alabama, central and southern Georgia, northern and central Florida, central and eastern South Carolina and southeastern North Carolina. It contains some of the most valuable plants for bees, butterflies, birds, moths and other animal pollinators, and will provide an excellent nectar and pollen source during each season of the year. This blend contains both perennial and self-seeding annual species for multi-year productivity. A special emphasis has been placed on providing habitat for the struggling monarch butterfly – a majestic insect that relies solely on milkweed as a food source.
This blend produces a stand that will contain approximately:
- 12% Annual Sunflower, Helianthus annuus
- 12% Standing Cypress, Ipomopsis rubra
- 12% Black Eyed Susan, Rudbeckia hirta
- 12% Purple Coneflower, Echinacea purpurea
- 9% Lemon Beebalm, Monarda citriodora
- 9% Crimson Clover, Trifolium incarnatum
- 9% Alfalfa, Medicago sativa
- 6% White Clover, Trifolium repens
- 6% Yellow Sweetclover, Melilotus officinalis
- 4% Common Milkweed, Asclepias syriaca
- 3% Goldenrod, Solidago rigida
- 3% Butterfly Weed, Asclepias tuberosa
- 3% Wild Bergamot, Monarda fistulosa
In an effort to help our customers visualize the finished product, note that the percentages listed above are what you can expect the stand to contain once established. For the contents of this seed blend by weight, please contact us to request a digital copy of the seed tag.