Our Southwest Transitional Pollinator Blend has been designed to provide optimum pollinator habitat throughout the drier areas of southern and central Utah, central Nevada and parts of the Four Corners states. It contains some of the most valuable plants for bees, butterflies, birds, moths and other animal pollinators, and will provide an excellent nectar and pollen source during each season of the year. This blend contains both perennial and self-seeding annual species for multi-year productivity. A special emphasis has been placed on providing habitat for the struggling monarch butterfly – a majestic insect that relies solely on milkweed as a food source.
This blend produces a stand that will contain approximately:
- 12% Sainfoin, Onobrychis viciifolia
- 12% Annual Sunflower, Helianthus annuus
- 12% Lacy Phacelia, Phacelia tanacetifolia
- 12% Blue Flax, Linum lewisii
- 9% Western Yarrow, Achillea millefolium
- 9% Alfalfa, Medicago sativa
- 9% Firecracker Penstemon, Penstemon eatonii
- 6% White Clover, Trifolium repens
- 6% Yellow Sweetclover, Melilotus officinalis
- 4% Butterfly Weed, Asclepias tuberosa
- 3% Mountain Lupine, Lupinus argenteus ssp. rubricaulis
- 3% Showy Milkweed, Asclepias speciosa
- 3% Canada Goldenrod, Solidago canadensis
In an effort to help our customers visualize the finished product, note that the percentages listed above are what you can expect the stand to contain once established. For the contents of this seed blend by weight, please contact us to request a digital copy of the seed tag.